Monday, January 14, 2013

1087. Chuckie Bartholomew

I've stayed away from kids, with good reason. For one thing, I can't take it. A few years ago, I would have stared coldly and studied their stones like any other. Now, I can't. I have kids. It's all too real.

Chuckie died just before his tenth birthday, which sucks - there's just no other way to put it.

His marker, though, is a cultural reference point for generations to come. "In my hour of darkness, Mother Mary comes to me, Let it be." Beatles fans know them well, mixed lyrics to one of the group's last great songs. In fact, it was released just months before Chuckie passed on, and was probably as close to comforting as anything could be for the family. Nothing will change it, so let it be. Which is what I'll do, as the topic is just too much for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment